Moving from one home to another can be overwhelming, especially when it means relocating to a new state. But your move doesn’t have to be stressful. With a bit of preparation and the right professional help, you and your family can have a safe, successful move.
- Be present during your move to answer any questions and give directions to the movers. Stay until they are finished.
- Accompany the movers as they inventory your household goods and resolve any questions regarding the condition of materials being moved.
- Carefully read the information on the estimate, order for service, bill of lading, inventory, and all other completed documents before you sign them.
- Keep the bill of lading until your goods are delivered, the charges are paid, and any claims are settled.
- Before the moving van leaves, take one final look throughout the house to make certain nothing has been left behind.
- Confirm that the driver has directions to your new home.
- Inform the driver and the moving company of where you can be reached while your belongings are in transit.
- Be present during the delivery to answer any questions and give directions.
- Pay the driver according to the term of your agreement.
- Supervise unloading and unpacking of your goods.
- Sign documents stating that all goods have been received and make sure to note any discrepancies.